Choosing A Business

 When we started our first business, 30 years ago, we filled a need that was available.  A phone call looking for Rob's help with a project turned into a business with 20 employees.  We have been working an iteration of that first business ever since. So the idea of creating and running a web based business is daunting.  The information taught this week has been insightful and there are a lot of good web based business ideas out there, I am just not interested in any of them.  Working through the processes this week to come up with a business idea was enlightening.  I did not know there was a way to see how Google searches could be used to predict site traffic to a new web site or how a person could see how much competition in a certain industry there is.  It was also fun to see what mix of words could get you more hits.  Dungeons and Dragons got more monthly hits than Dungeons & Dragons.  I would have thought the other way around since & is in the actual book title.  I am cautiously optimistic I won't completely fail this class but I am pretty sure web based business is not for me.

Comments